Welcome to BANT. if you are a member, please

Training in Nutritional Therapy

The following training providers offer Nutritional Therapy Education Commission (NTEC) accredited courses in nutritional therapy which afford you direct entry onto the register held by the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and will enable you to become a member of BANT. The CNHC holds an Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR) for the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA). The PSA oversees statutory bodies and accredits organisations holding voluntary registers for health and social care occupations in the UK.

NTEC-accredited nutritional therapy courses are professionally accredited to the standard required for entry to an accredited register. Students who follow courses that do not meet this standard will not be able to apply for professional registration as a nutritional therapist, until they have accrued three years clinical experience of working at the level of the National Occupational Standards, evidenced by the submission of a detailed portfolio of evidence.

Training Providers offering accredited courses:

BCNH College of Nutrition and Health
BCNH Diploma in Nutritional Therapy/BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy
(Attendance and e-learning courses available)

Centre For Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management
BSc Hons Nutritional Therapy/Fast Track + PG Cert Nutritional Therapy + Practitioner Development
BSc Hons Nutritional Science + Practice Diploma
MSc/PG Dip in Personalised Nutrition + Practice Diploma

Institute for Optimum Nutrition
Dip ION Nutritional Therapy (attendance and e-learning options)

The College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) – UK Sites Only
Diploma in Nutritional Therapy

Northern College of Acupuncture
PGDip/MSc in Nutrition Science and Practice

University of Worcester
PGDip/MSc Nutritional Therapy

University of West London
BSc/BSc(Hons) Nutritional Therapy

Choosing a Course

BANT cannot recommend one course over another. However, we do recommend that you should enrol on a course that has been fully accredited. If you decide to enrol on a course before it is accredited you should enquire of your chosen training provider the following:

(a) Is it solvent?
(b) How long has it been established? What is its track record?
(c) What are the qualifications and experience of its teaching staff?
(d) What proportion of the training is clinical practice?
(e) When does it expect its course will receive full accreditation?
(f) The status of its academic qualification: diploma or degree.

As a general guide training to meet the competencies laid down in the National Occupational Standards will require in-depth study of the health sciences. There are no exemptions from clinical practice for other health professionals.

For a definition of Nutritional Therapy, visit About Nutritional Therapy