In excellent condition, three years old. Manufacturer’s guarantee valid until end of 2021.
Comes with carry case and full instructions. Must be able to collect from Kings Cross, London.
Please contact Giulietta on 07983 704 882 or email: [email protected]
RCCM is seeking a new Trustee to support them with fundraising activities. Trustees have a very important role in shaping the activities of the RCCM and this is an ideal opportunity to be able to influence the future directions of CAM research in the UK. The key responsibilities of their Trustees are to hold the charity “in trust” for current and future beneficiaries by using their skills, knowledge and/or experience to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions. Closing date for applications is 29 November 2019.
For more information and details on how to apply, please see the document attached or visit the RCCM website here.
Applications before 24/11/2019.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Aimee Benbow; [email protected]
REPORTING TO: Technical Advisor Leader
RESPONSIBLE FOR STAFF: None.
LOCATION: Based at HQ in Daventry, Northamptonshire.
START SALARY: £20,000 plus discretionary annual company bonus, plus benefits.
An interesting and exciting role in this fast-growing, family-owned business. Founded in 1999, Viridian Nutrition is based on three key principles – Purity, Charity and Environment. Viridian Nutrition offers an opportunity to build a career, investment in training development, and – above all – to help people to better health.
SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES
- To maintain and provide outstanding technical support to the Viridian Nutrition team and customer base through application a high standard of technical knowledge and skills in natural products.
- Supporting the technical department to develop the range of technical support tools, trainings, articles, blogs and product information for internal and external use to help ensure growth in sales turnover.
- Working within a technical support team to help ensure technical, sales and customer service needs are met.
- Provide in-house technical support to consumers, trade customers and the sales team.
- Answer technical phone calls and emails to the best of your ability. Ensure customers are responded to within a timely manner.
- Technical writing including technical sheets, magazine articles and blogs.
- Record and log all adverse events and complaints.
- Maintaining the library resource of information on product and ailment on computer file at HQ.
- Reviewing and keeping up to date with recent nutritional, scientific publications and research.
- Updating raw material source and allergen spreadsheets.
- Communicate effectively with the management, technical and sales team, including effective diary management.
- Contributing where appropriate to trade exhibitions.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Technical Services Supervisor or Head of Technical Services.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A diploma, degree or other approved qualification in Nutrition.
- Previous experience in customer service/ technical advisory role.
HIGHLY REGARDED EXPERIENCE
- Sales and marketing experience
- Public speaking, training or teaching
- Science writing or popular writing
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Demonstrates good initiative.
- Excellent customers service skills and communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks assigned.
- Experienced in the use of internet browsing, outlook and all Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power point etc.)
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyse and interpret general periodicals, professional journals and industry regulations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and to interpret a variety of information furnished in written and oral form.
The Privy Council Office (PCO) contacted BANT last week to notify that the Association for Nutrition (AFN) Petition for a Royal Charter was tabled. PCO stated that comments and responses from BANT and AFN thus far are regarded as informal and formal comments should now be made by 2 January, to which AFN will be asked to make a formal response.
BANT will be making a formal Counter-Petition.
A Royal Charter is all about pre-eminence in a field, in this case the field is “nutrition, health and allied subjects”. While focus has been on conferring the title ‘Chartered Nutritionist’ this is only one of a number of Powers listed in the Charter for it to pursue its Objects. The Objects of the Charter of Incorporation also includes thie Object for which the Academy of Nutrition Sciences has recently been incorporated. BANT suspects this means that the AoNS is likely to quickly suffer the same fate as the Nutrition Professions Confederation, set up a decade ago as an umbrella body for The Nutrition Society, British Dietetic Association and British Nutrition Foundation, if AFN is successful.
BANT does not challenge that AFN is pre-eminent in the field of nutrition science but BANT is clear that AFN is not pre-eminent in the field of Nutritional Medicine which practice has been clearly delineated by the House of Lords and in which AFN has no professional or regulatory standing.
The Petition (including appendix – parts a and b), Charter and Byelaws are substantial documents so we would ask BANT members to refrain from submitting individual comments to PCO.
Instead, if BANT members have any insights or comments that they would like to provide for BANT to consider for inclusion in its counter-petition, please email: [email protected]
Click here to view the eblast.
In this new podcast style webinar, Miguel will cover the importance of patient-reported outcomes in providing evidence of impact that Nutrition Practitioners have on their clients’ health. During the webinar, Miguel speaks with numerous guests, including Dr Adam Read MBchB, MSc, orthopaedic and sports medical specialist, who has spent the last 8 years building technology that enables collaboration among practitioners to make healthcare more integrated, transparent and evidence-based.
This webinar will:
- Give details of the importance of capturing patient-reported outcome in the Nutritional Therapy profession
- Provide insights into the software that is being piloted so that BANT members will be able to capture impact data
Click here to access the full eblast.
Dr Jess Armine, Doctor of Chiropractic and Registered Nurse, presents a 2 part webinar series on neuropsychiatric conditions. By the end of the 2 webinars, you will understand mood disorders, appreciate the complex interaction between neurophysiology, causation and effects, and have the knowledge to design appropriate and successful approaches in clinic.
The webinars will cover:
- Neuropsychiatric conditions, including depression, anxiety, Seasonal Affective Disorder and ADHD
- Neurotransmitters, how they become depleted and how to support them
- Emotional trauma and its impact on health
- How to choose appropriate tests and interpret the results
- Targeted protocols
Click here for the full eblast.
Summer is finally here and many of us are preparing for well deserved holidays. I talked about improved communications from us to you, our members, in my last Chair Report in July issue of BANT eNews and in the spirit of this wish to let you know that we are still engaged in multitude of political and regulatory topics and discussions to ensure the longevity of our profession, and we will continue to do so while you are enjoying your break. Bear with us on this, we will let you know more about it all as soon as we can.
Click here to read the full eblast.
This webinar looks at weight loss from a clinical psychologist perspective, following Helen McCarthy’s ‘Appetite retraining’ model.
The topics covered include:
- Why conventional diets fail
- The biology of the human appetite system
- The Appetite Pendulum (TM) and how to use it
- The psychology of habit formation and habit change
- Working Memory and its role in habit change
- A summary of types of self-sabotage
Click here for the full eblast.
Latest press release issued by BANT – please become a BANT Comms volunteer by sharing this information online: https://www.facebook.com/BANTonline/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/2289420/admin/
BANT (British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) welcomes the initial findings from the Predict 1 Study that individualised nutrition and lifestyle recommendations are key to human health. BANT members have been working with their clients offering personalised recommendations for the past 22 years, since BANT’s foundation in 1997, and were proud to have been selected to work with Professor Spector, the lead researcher on this study, on the precursor project to this study, ‘Map My Gut’.
Click here to view full eblast.