30 Jul 2023 Metabolic Syndrome including Obesity Regional Event – Recordings Available
Delivered by expert speakers Giles Yeo, Ray Griffiths and Lisa Smith, this event covered:
- Genetic influence upon bodyweight
- Role of the fat-sensing melanocortin pathway within bodyweight regulation
- How selection-pressure influences eating behaviour
- Whether obesity is a choice (spoiler, no)
- NAFLD as the hepatic expression of metabolic syndrome
- NAFLD co-existence with metabolic disorders, including T2D, obesity and cardiovascular disease
- Functional medicine approaches for metabolic health
- Relationships between neurodiversity and eating disorders
- How to be aware of and recognise neurodiversity
- Particular dietary challenges for neurodivergent clients
- The role of interoceptive awareness and hypersensitivity on eating behaviours
- Approaches to use with neurodivergent clients
Access the Session Recordings
Recorded sessions from this event are made available, exclusively for BANT Members, on the Regional and Virtual Events page and within the Science and Education Webinar library, under the Metabolism category.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors
In addition to enhancing BANT events through additional educational resources, Live webinars and Q&As, special offers and goodie box contents, financial contributions from sponsors are a key enabler for BANT to offer high-value, low-cost events to members and beyond.
This event was kindly sponsored by . .
Platinum Event Sponsors
Gold Event Sponsors
Silver Event Sponsors
Bronze Event Sponsors