BANT holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the email@example.com. We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in May 2018.
1. What We Do
BANT’s primary function is to assist its members in attaining the highest standards of integrity, knowledge, competence and professional practice, in order to protect the client’s interests, nutritional therapy and the Nutritional Therapist. BANT promotes the activities, training and continuing professional development and recommend our practitioners keep fully updated in their profession.
We do this by:
- Providing a Supervision scheme that supports BANT members in practice
- Providing advice and guidance on the practice of NT and personal and professional codes of conduct via the Professional Practice Committee (PPC)
- Developing the Nutritional Therapy community and partnerships through the Regional Branches and Local Networks
- Supporting members in the event of a complaint to the registrant body
- Keeping members up to date with the latest industry news and upcoming events
- Providing webinars aimed at both student and full members of BANT
2. How We Obtain Your Personal Data
Information provided by you
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
- By completing an online membership application form (new membership)
- Updating your information online when you renew
- Being able to edit your members details online
- Through email, over the telephone or by post
- By taking credit card and online payment
- As part of a complaint made against you
This may include the following information:
- basic details such as name, address, contact details, date of birth
- practice contact details, further information such as additional qualifications, and your specialities
Information we get from other sources
We do not collect information from any other sources.
3. How we use your personal data
We use your information to manage and administer your membership of BANT. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for contract purposes.
We also use your information to provide you with core membership services such as the Supervision scheme and guidance on professional practice. This means that the legal basis of our processing your personal data is for legitimate interests.
We also use your information to provide you with member benefits such as promotional offers and discounts, CPD events, Regional Branch meetings and Local Network meetings and employment and volunteering opportunities. We will always seek your consent to process your information in this way. This means that the legal basis for us holding your personal data is consent.
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide membership support, benefits and services. We also act as the data controller and processor in regard to processing of your credit card payments.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data in a manner which is consistent with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
4. Do you share my information with other organisations?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information to third parties with your express consent with exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Supervisors within the BANT Supervision scheme operating as a franchise of BANT for the purposes of running Supervision groups
- Any mailing or printing agents, contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential.
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
With your consent we will share your contact information with Local Network Coordinators in order to communicate with you regarding Local Network meetings in your area, and Regional Branch Committees to communicate with you regarding Regional Branch meetings in your area.
5. How long do you hold confidential information for?
All records held by the BANT will be kept in line with our records retention policy. These retentions are in line with the length of time we need to keep your personal information in order to manage and administer your BANT membership. They also take into account any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations. Our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and information which is no longer required will be disposed of.
6. What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
BANT is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and collects data for a variety of purposes. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
7. What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
You can access your account information online via your Account Details in the Members Section of the BANT website. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to:
- Delete your information
- Correct or update your information where it is no longer accurate
- Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law or in accordance with the BANT and CNHC guidelines.
- Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to automated decision based on your personal data.
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller at BANT, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3XX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Website technical details
We do use electronic forms on our website making use of an available ‘forms module’ which has a number of built-in features to help ensure privacy. We also aim to use secure forms where appropriate.
|AcceptCookies||This is used to store whether you have agreed to receive cookies. Persistent for one year.|
|Google Analytics _utma
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the Data Controller at BANT, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3XX or email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.