The Student Network Team provides support for BANT Student Members and reports to BANT Council.
Alma Ahmovic – Student Network Team, Webinar Coordinator Team
- Currently studying for MSc in Personalised Nutrition at CNELM due to graduate late 2017/early 2018 having completed a BSc in Nutritional Science (2015) with CNELM
- Prior to training in NT focus was on raising three children
- Currently finds everything of interest!
“I started my professional development relatively late in life mainly due to my commitment to raising a family. Being a mother to 3 sparked my interest in nutrition, as I wanted to make sure that my children had the best diet for health and development. I feel that my purpose is to add value to those around me and I see nutritional therapy as a great tool to actualise myself. I believe that nutrition has a major role in helping people to lead a healthier and happier life.
I am very excited about becoming a part of the BANT Student Network Team and I look forward to collaborating with other team members.”
Catherine Pohl – Student Network Team, Training Provider Liaison
- Due to graduate from The Institute for Optimum Nutrition in July 2017 with a diploma in Nutritional Therapy
- Over 8 years’ experience in sales and relationship management within the financial services industry following graduating with a BSc in Economics and languages
- Particular area of special interest is children’s health
“Having made some changes to my own diet some years ago, I was suddenly awakened to how what we eat can really change how we feel, both physically and mentally. This created a passion that continues to drive my learning of all things related to nutrition. As part of the SNT, I’m excited to be working with the Training Provider Liaison Team to promote BANT membership and shape the services that the SNT provide in the support of like-minded individuals through their journey to becoming qualified Nutritional Therapists. I strongly believe that through working together and supporting each other, we can maximise our own potentials as well as those of the general public. As a mum of two young boys, I have a strong passion for getting children eating well and establishing a healthy relationship with food from the start to help optimise their health, growth and development.”
Rebecca Tannatt Nash – Student Network Team, Training Provider Liaison
- Due to graduate with a masters in Nutritional Therapy in 2019 from the University of Worcester
- Previous experience in Personal Training and sales
- Excited to learn everything at the moment but a special interest in sports and exercise nutrition
“It had never really occurred to me that food could have such an influence on everything we do to function in our lives. I just took for granted every meal or snack I had and never really considered the potential consequences. It was only when I became a personal trainer that I realised just how important food was and since then I’ve never looked back. I studied nutrition for a year before deciding this is what I loved and what I wanted to do for a career. I’m so excited to be doing my masters in nutritional therapy and to be working with BANT. I can’t wait to learn from and meet likeminded people with the goal of helping and improving lives through something as obvious and yet complex as food.”