10 Nov 2019 Nutrition Evidence Database Alert – Research Highlights – November 2019
NUTRITION EVIDENCE ALERT
SENT IN COLLABORATION WITH NUTRIENTS
Welcome to the November edition of the Nutrition Evidence Alert. We’ve picked out 8 newly released articles in nutrition research for you, helping to keep you up-to-date with new findings and developments. Our focus is always on emerging science that supports clinical practice for Nutrition Practitioners, keeping you at the cutting edge of progressive and safe clinical decision making. Articles this month include a 2019 systematic review on Vitamin D supplementation and Multiple Sclerosis, the impacts of tea drinking on depression, and a meta-analysis of studies looking at dietary glycaemic load and risk of Type 2 Diabetes, where the authors conclude ‘with a high level of confidence’ that a high GI/GL diet increases risk of Type 2 diabetes. This is not news to most of us, but great to have quality science backing up our claims. These, and others, are listed below for your research pleasure.
We are also highlighting a new podcast this month, an interview between Dr Rangan Chatterjee and award-winning journalist, Linda Geddes discussing sunlight and its wide impacts on human health. You can check it out here.
The BANT indexing team have indexed 284 articles this year on your behalf – on target for 300 indexed articles for 2019 – enabling quick assimilation of the science and easy sharing with your social media following. Please share this alert with your followers, as well as the weekly posts made on the BANT public Facebook page, highlighting newly indexed articles on Nutrition Evidence. It showcases Nutritional Therapy as the evidence-based practice that it is – good for your business, as well as the profession.
Miguel Toribio-Mateas, Editor-in-Chief
Featured Articles for October 2019
The following 8 articles are featured as “recommended reading” this month:
- Consumers’ Perceptions and Preferences for Bitterness in Vegetable Foods: The Case of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and Brassicaceae-A Narrative Review in Nutrients
- Dietary Glycemic Index and Load and the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Assessment of Causal Relations in Nutrients
- Mechanisms Underlying the Anti-Depressive Effects of Regular Tea Consumption in Nutrients
- Dietary interventions in fibromyalgia: a systematic review in Annals of Medicine
- Effectiveness of Vitamin D Supplementation in the Management of Multiple Sclerosis: A Systematic Review in International Journal of Molecular Science
- A review of adherence to the Mediterranean diet and breast cancer risk according to estrogen- and progesterone-receptor status and HER2 oncogene expression in Annals of Epidemiology and Public Health
- Infection in Chronic Inflammation and Gastrointestinal Cancer in Diseases
- Probiotics Reduce Health Care Cost and Societal Impact of Flu-Like Respiratory Tract Infections in the USA: An Economic Modeling Study in Frontiers in Pharmacology