- Provisional Membership (A1): £120 (this covers initial membership fees)
- Provisional Membership (A2): £150 (this covers full APL/APEL assessment and initial membership fees)
- Provisional Membership (B): £150 (this covers External Full Portfolio Assessment and initial membership fees)
Provisional Membership is an interim category for a maximum of 6 months for practitioners who have either trained overseas or at a course not recognised by BANT as being accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Education Commission (NTEC). After 6 months it is expected that full membership will have been attained by completing the requirements relevant to each route.
- All applicants MUST have Professional indemnity insurance for clinical practice
- All applicants MUST successfully complete the BANT Functional Medicine Learning Zone Modules
A1. Provisional Membership (A1)
An application using Provisional Membership (A1) must be a Dietitian registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
A2. Provisional Membership (A2)
An application using Provisional Membership (A2) must have one of the following registrations:
- Any Nutritional Therapy registrant of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Any Nutritionist registrant of the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) held by the Association for Nutrition
B. Provisional Membership (B)
If an applicant is NOT registered with the CNHC or HCPC or UKVRN and resides and works in the UK and has been in practice for a minimum of 3 years, they will need to apply for registration with the CNHC via the External Full Portfolio (EFP) Route before they can apply for Provisional Membership (B). For information on the External Full Portfolio (EFP) Route see CNHC Registration for Non-BANT Members for application forms and supporting documentation.