Welcome to the June edition of the BANT ENews. In this month’s issue, our feature article provides an interesting overview on our genes and food habits. We introduce the BANT Nutrition Evidence Database and we publish results from a MSc dissertation study which BANT members contributed to.. Access the BANT news here.
Welcome to the June edition of the BANT ENews. In this month’s issue, our feature article provides an interesting overview on our genes and food habits. We introduce the BANT Nutrition Evidence Database and we publish results from a MSc dissertation study which BANT members contributed to.
We are looking to take on some Nutritional Therapists to work under our company name. We are based in London. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work flexible, agreed hours under the company name starting at just a few hours a months, and increasing over time.
They will receive full training on our systems.
- Newly or very recently qualified Nutritional Therapists (i.e. 1-2 years max) looking to start out or wanting to see more clients
- Confident in your nutrition knowledge but willing to take instruction when needed and agree to work to some specific processes
- Extremely commercial and sales focused
- Target orientated
- Knowledgeable on addressing a wide variety of health conditions
- Very presentable, well spoken and personable
- Efficient and timely
- Must be registered as self employed and have Unique Tax Payer Reference Number
- Applicants must be willing to work to agreed flexible hours including evenings, or weekends
- City of London and Canary Wharf.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and brief covering letter.
Please put: Nutritional Therapist application in the email subject heading.
Please do not call at this stage. We will call you if you we decide we want to call you in for the interview process.
Wren Laboratories is a forward thinking, family-run, business based near Andover, Hampshire, which is currently looking to expand its London sales team. We produce a range of nutritional supplements called ‘OptiBac Probiotics’, which are mainly sold to health food stores and pharmacies across the UK & Ireland. We are committed to growing the business through education, staying at the forefront of research and continuously educating retailers, practitioners and consumers alike on the benefits of probiotics. Our team could be described as close-knit, enthusiastic and dedicated.
We are currently seeking an experienced Representative for London area to visit new and existing retail stockists, developing sales by undertaking staff training and providing support. You will be an experienced representative in this industry and have Diploma, Advanced Diploma or relevant Degree in nutritional therapy / naturopathy / herbal medicine / complementary health and be able to clearly demonstrate the qualities necessary to make a first class Sales & Training Representative.
- Visit existig and potential new retail stockists
- Perform staff training
- Spend time in top retail stockists interacting with consumers, giving nutritional advice / perform tastings
- Support accounts by visiting to take orders, organise promotions, look after merchandising in order to maximise sales
- Open new accounts, build key relationships and generate sales
- Manage own administration and notes
- Participate in trade and consumer shows
- Regularly liaise with the London Sales & Training Team Leader and the London Sales & Training Manager
- Attend weekly team meetings at the London Office
- Travel regularly to the head office in Hampshire
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or relevant Degree in nutrition / nutritional therapy / naturopathy / herbal medicine / complementary health
- Applicants must live within the greater London area
- A full UK driving license and access to a reliable car is advantageous but not essential
- Track record of sales success is essential
- Experience of working in the natural products industry would be an advantage
- Professional personal presentation
- Good communication skills with good capacity to tailor the delivery of technical information to different audiences
- Good organisation skills
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to gain customer loyalty from retail staff
- Enthusiastic, driven, hardworking and self-motivated
- Appreciation for the value of joining a growing business
Hours & Salary
- Full time (42.5h/week), Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work, permanent position based in London (must also be prepared to regularly visit the Head Office in Hampshire)
- Competitive salary plus travel expenses covered
- Please send your up to date CV and cover letter to Miguel at email@example.com
- For more information about the company please visit https://www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk
Closing dates for applications
- Applications will close on the 7th of July. Applications sent after this date may not be reviewed. We cannot guarantee a response to all candidates. We may start interviewing as soon as we received applications so please apply as early as possible.
Permanent – part time
We are looking for a hardworking, reliable person to join our small friendly team at our busy independent Health Food Shop in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
We are a small family run business looking to expand the company greatly over the next few years and want to find people who will grow with us. The VMS side of the business is something we want to expand on quickly and as we have Dr Marilyn Glenville, the UK’s leading nutritionist specialising in women’s health as part of the family – we will involve her and her ethos and teachings wherever possible. Ideally we are looking for someone who is familiar with Dr Marilyn Glenville and her work.
We are looking for someone who will grow with the business and there is potential for future clinical work for the right candidate.
We also hold events and talks to the local community and work with local businesses and colleges to promote health and natural alternatives.
The role as Health Shop Advisor involves the following:
- Advise customers in their selection of supplements, natural beauty and food as well as aid them with their health questions
- Answering questions / advising on all products in the shop
- Look after the VMS side and exploring new ranges – in line with the company ethos
- Arranging promotions and window displays where appropriate
- Coordinating workshops / talks to the local community
- Work towards sales targets were applicable
- Day to day shop floor work;
- Serving customers / till work
- Processing deliveries in
- Keeping the shop replenished regularly, clean and tidy
You will have:
A recognised qualifications in Nutrition, Naturopathy, Medical Herbalism or similar (or be currently studying). Alternatively you will have or a wide range of work experience within the health food retail industry with an excellent knowledge of natural remedies and health food. Your own insurance is required.
A good, current knowledge of VMS and herbal remedies and the health food market and the ability to advise customers confidently and competently.
Experience in a retail environment is preferable but not essential. However exceptional customer service standards are a must. Must be personable and friendly.
A passion for our products and want to help all customers to make healthy choices.
Good computer skills.
Great attention to detail and be able to work with figures.
Passion, positive energy and flexible, can do attitude.
Shift patterns are flexible and there will be some weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays ) along with 2/3 weekday shifts during the week on a rota.
Some flexibility on working hours is available and flexibility for you to be able to cover other shifts is key
Store is open 7 days week (including bank holidays).
Opening hours 9:00 am – 5:30 pm every day and 11:00 am – 4:00 pm on Sundays.
What we offer:
Competitive rates of pay depending on experience and knowledge
Ongoing training and support
Staff discounts throughout the store
A pleasant and supportive working environment.
This role is an immediate start and we are looking for someone who will grow with us in the future.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BANT is excited to announce the launch of the Nutrition Evidence Database. Nutrition Evidence is a platform of high quality nutritional science and functional medicine research, designed to support nutrition practitioners’ clinical decisions that enable their delivering effective, individualised evidence-based recommendations.
Current key features include:
- Almost 95,000 (as of June 2017) high quality research papers relevant to all practitioners in the areas of functional nutrition, dietetics, and lifestyle medicine. Papers have been selected to provide the best evidence available for clinical interventions on humans, ideally randomised controlled trials and systematic reviews, as well as meta-analyses and some cohort studies.
- BANT enhanced papers, further curated by the Nutrition Evidence Editorial Board and enriched by an indexing team of BANT members, based on the functional medicine model. These papers include plain language summaries, clinical imbalances and laboratory testing. These papers will appear first in any search results. The indexing process is ongoing and new papers will be added weekly.
- A wide selection of filters to allow you to find papers discussing key functional medicine factors and keywords. For example, you’ll be able to search for papers on environmental inputs or structural integrity.
- Account personalisation features (e.g. subscribe to notifications).
An array of exciting new features, including expert reviews, paper recommendations by the Editorial board and more are just round the corner, so please register for a free account today.
How do I access the database?
Visit http://www.nutrition-evidence.com/login and create an account (‘sign up’). This will create a personal account and enable you to access all features within the database.
The database development is on-going so if you have any comments or questions, please contact email@example.com and watch out for the release of new features in the future.
BANT is excited to announce the launch of the Nutrition Evidence Database. Nutrition Evidence is a platform of high quality nutritional science and functional medicine research, designed to support nutrition practitioners’ clinical decisions that enable their delivering effective, individualised evidence-based recommendations. Read more – click here
Due to further expansion, an opportunity has arisen to join The Optimum Health Clinic and work as part of the Nutrition Team.
The post is suited to someone who has been practising Nutritional therapy in a clinical setting for at least 2 years, and who has experience or particular interest in Chronic Fatigue, ME and Fibromyalgia.
The job involves initial and follow up consultations with clients and working within a team to share case studies, develop protocols and produce educational data sheets for clients.
We are looking for therapists with the capacity to ultimately work a minimum of 10-12 hours of patient contact time per week, which would (after the initial training period is over) be built up from zero as the candidate becomes increasingly experienced. The time commitment required to do this is 4 days per week. Applicants should be full members of BANT and CNHC.
Closing date for applications Saturday 17th June at 17:00. Please send a CV and covering letter to Helen@theoptimumhealthclinc.com.
For further information and job spec please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Ronda Nelson, PhD in Wholistic Nutrition and a Master Herbalist presents a webinar on Menopausal Meltdown: How to Prevent and Support (Part 3). Menopause is underrated until the day a woman actually begins to experience it first hand! Then all bets are off! Be sure to join Dr. Ronda Nelson for the final part of this 3-part webinar series outlining the problems and pitfalls that can occur during peri- and postmenopause.
To access the webinar, click here
To access the eblast, click here
BANT has noted the adjudication published on 4 May by the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland on a complaint against Patricia Daly, a BANT member, brought by the Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute and the Irish Cancer Society. BANT has had detailed consultations with lawyers and other stakeholders about the case.
BANT is unable to comment on the evidence in support of the Irish Food Pyramid as a proven diet for use with cancer patients.
BANT experts are clear that there is now a weight and trajectory of evidence that ketone bodies are key regulators of physiological homeostasis, viz. food anticipation, protection from inflammation and injury in multiple organ systems, including the nervous system, and even possibly why caloric restriction extends life span. Where evidence on diet and health is equivocal or incomplete then the precautionary principle demands that risk-based assessments are part of professional practice. BANT is clear that the weight of evidence on diet and inflammatory disease mechanisms, including cancer and dementia, is now such that carbohydrate control assessment should be included as a norm.
BANT will be producing a general infographic on dietary tips for cancer patients in the autumn.