A vacancy has arisen at OptiBac Probiotics for a new Assistant Customer Care and Nutritional Advisor to offer administrative and technical support in our rapidly expanding consumer services section. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with excellent standards of written and spoken English, who is experienced in offering the highest standards of customer care and nutritional advice.
Location: To be based at our head office in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire.
Wren Laboratories is a family-run business based in Weyhill, near Andover, Hampshire. We specialise entirely in probiotic supplements and produce the OptiBac Probiotics range, which is extremely well researched and targets individual health conditions and needs. The range is primarily sold to independent health food shops and pharmacies in the UK and selected international countries, as well as direct to individual consumers via our online shop. The OptiBac Probiotics team could be described as close-knit, positive, enthusiastic, mutually-supportive and dedicated.
At OptiBac Probiotics we pride ourselves not only on high quality products, but also on excellent customer service (as demonstrated by our reviews). The primary function of this role will be to respond to consumer enquiries via phone, email, social media messages and letter, and carry out other administrative tasks as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Customer Care Department. Additional tasks will include making edits to the website and writing content including blogs, FAQs and technical documents.
This role will report to, and assist, the Head of Customer Care
- This role will involve direct interaction with members of the public to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns and requests received by phone electronically, or by letter. This will involve offering technical advice and answering health enquiries related to the use of live cultures, but also to resolve queries relating to delivery, orders and services
- This role will require the ability to constantly prioritise incoming queries and respond to them in a timely fashion
- Handle and resolve customer complaints relating to products, orders, and despatch – obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints and update and record all details on customer accounts and complaints log
- Take consumer orders over the phone using simple online form
- Writing: creation of web content for the company website; technical writing that requires evaluating technical research studies, and copy for other sites and publications
- Liaise with other teams within the business as necessary
- Additional marketing tasks as necessary
- Acquire and maintain a good understanding of the business and consumer needs
- Support the sales/despatch team as necessary
- Manage own administration and notes.
- Help with or take a lead in further developing internal systems for securely recording enquiries where appropriate, minimising need for repetition of emails (e.g. Use and creation of supporting templates as part of library resources), and ensuring a harmonised approach amongst the team to common enquiries.
- Opportunity to grow & expand responsibilities, depending on internal requirements and employee’s preferences & skills developed.
- Opportunity to attend occasional seminars or short courses in relevant fields such as customer care/ telephone skills/ content writing/product training/technical education as necessary.
- A recognised qualification (degree or diploma) in a relevant complementary healthcare discipline (e.g.: Nutritional Therapy, Naturopathy, Herbalism), or applicant to be studying for such a qualification
- Qualifications in customer service training or logistics marketing, English and/or writing may be advantageous but are not necessary
Qualities & Experience
Essential: (The following experience & qualities are absolutely necessary for this role).
- Significant experience in customer services and administrative tasks
- Sound knowledge of nutrition/nutritional therapy and functional medicine concepts
- Experience working in an office environment
- Must enjoy working as part of a small, mutually supportive team
- Excellent spoken and written English, with accurate spelling and grammar skills
(NB: Those applicants who are invited to attend for interview will be asked to complete a test to assess their written English and customer service skills)
- Good understanding of, and belief in, the idiom ‘The customer is always right’
- Ability to tailor communications to a variety of audiences (medical/CAM practitioners, direct consumers, social media audiences etc.)
- Ability to prioritise/sense of urgency with despatch queries
- Excellent administrative skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Word, Outlook etc.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Driven, hard-working and self-motivated, but happy to follow instruction
- Customer service qualifications and training
- Experience writing articles, blogs and web content
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Appreciation for the value of joining a growing business
Hours, Salary, Start date etc.
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Immediate start, or as soon as possible
The ideal candidate will carefully read the job description, and detail in a cover letter the knowledge, skills and experience which make them suitable for the role, along with their availability, notice period and salary expectations.
NB: Applicants MUST include a comprehensive covering letter with their application
Deadline for applications: 8/6/18
Applications received after this date may not be considered