Steering groups provide strategic direction and oversight of each of the BANT workstreams. Steering group responsibilities include:
1. Strategic direction and oversight of the relevant workstream.
2. Ratification of the Annual Plan and budget applications (Project Approval, Expenditure Form), prior to submission to the BANT Council for approval.
3. Monitoring, coordinating and driving progress against the annual plan, key deliverables/commitments and projects.
4. Approving major deliverables prior to their external release.
5. Ensuring that the necessary resources are available to achieve committed work.
6. Reviewing the status of risks and issues; assure the mitigation strategies, drive closure of issues.
7. Reporting quarterly to Council on progress against the Annual Plan.
The Membership Steering Group (MSG)
The Membership Steering Group (MSG) provides strategic oversight and guidance for the direction and management of the BANT membership programme and Business Development. This is chaired by the Membership Director.
The Comms Steering Group (CSG)
The Comms Steering Group (CSG) provides strategic oversight and guidance for the direction and management of the BANT communications programme. This is chaired by the Comms Director.
The Volunteer Steering Group (VSG)
The Volunteer Steering Group (VSG) provides strategic oversight, leadership and guidance for the management of the BANT volunteering programme and community. This is chaired by the Strategic Projects Director.
The Excellence Steering Group (ESG)
The Centre of Excellence Steering Group (ESG) provides strategic oversight and direction for the BANT centre of excellence programme. This is chaired by the Centre of Excellence Director.
The Regs Steering Group (RSG)
The Regs and Stakeholder Management steering group is responsible for oversight and direction of political engagement initiatives, the legal framework for and statutory regulation of the profession. This is chaired by the Director of Regulation and Stakeholder Engagement.
The Clinical Governance Steering Group (CGSG)
The Clinical Governance Steering Group (CGSG) champions professional practice standards through oversight of the Supervision programme and the Professional Practice Committee. This is chaired by the Strategic Projects Director.