The Student Network Team provides support for BANT Student Members and reports to BANT Council.
Sharon Peck – Student Network Team, Social Media
- Due to graduate with a Nutritional Science BSc + Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma in April 2018 from the Centre for Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
- Previous experience was 12 years as a software consult
- Particular interest in the role of nutrition in autoimmunity, brain health/healthy ageing and nutrigenomics.
“I came to realise the profound influence of nutrition on health after being diagnosed with the autoimmune condition Multiple Sclerosis. After personally noticing positive results with nutritional interventions, I wanted more in depth knowledge so sought out a nutritional education. Nutrition is now my passion and in the future I hope to be able to continually expand my nutritional knowledge with a view to helping others.
I see BANT as a great resource for students so I’m excited to be involved. Within my social media role I hope to develop the resource further and increase student engagement.”
Harriet Bindloss – Student Network Team, Social Media
- Due to qualify with a Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in July 2017.
- Previous experience in magazines – editing, photographing, styling and cooking for House & Garden Magazine, Conde Nast.
- Areas of special interest are digestive and female health, and family nutrition.
“My particular interests are with the relationship between food, stress, modern lifestyle and gut health, and also their impact on female reproductive health. I have always been interested in nutrition and health because of my digestive problems and latterly the development of endometriosis. Having two young children spurred me on to study nutrition. I am passionate about educating children about cooking, food and healthy eating, and I am keen to work with families to support healthy eating and digestive health. I am excited to be part of the Social Media team for BANT’s Student Network, and look forward to working with others to stimulate the dialogue and ideas between Nutritional Therapy students from all institutions, which I hope will support and enhance all our learning and progression.”
Alma Ahmovic – Student Network Team, Webinar Coordinator Team
- Currently studying for MSc in Personalised Nutrition at CNELM due to graduate late 2017/early 2018 having completed a BSc in Nutritional Science (2015) with CNELM
- Prior to training in NT focus was on raising three children
- Currently finds everything of interest!
“I started my professional development relatively late in life mainly due to my commitment to raising a family. Being a mother to 3 sparked my interest in nutrition, as I wanted to make sure that my children had the best diet for health and development. I feel that my purpose is to add value to those around me and I see nutritional therapy as a great tool to actualise myself. I believe that nutrition has a major role in helping people to lead a healthier and happier life.
I am very excited about becoming a part of the BANT Student Network Team and I look forward to collaborating with other team members.”
Catherine Pohl – Student Network Team, Training Provider Liaison
- Due to graduate from The Institute for Optimum Nutrition in July 2017 with a diploma in Nutritional Therapy
- Over 8 years’ experience in sales and relationship management within the financial services industry following graduating with a BSc in Economics and languages
- Particular area of special interest is children’s health
“Having made some changes to my own diet some years ago, I was suddenly awakened to how what we eat can really change how we feel, both physically and mentally. This created a passion that continues to drive my learning of all things related to nutrition. As part of the SNT, I’m excited to be working with the Training Provider Liaison Team to promote BANT membership and shape the services that the SNT provide in the support of like-minded individuals through their journey to becoming qualified Nutritional Therapists. I strongly believe that through working together and supporting each other, we can maximise our own potentials as well as those of the general public. As a mum of two young boys, I have a strong passion for getting children eating well and establishing a healthy relationship with food from the start to help optimise their health, growth and development.”
Tilly Paz – Student Representative on BANT Council
BSc, M.Phil. BANT (Sdnt.)
- Currently studying for a BSc in Nutritional Therapy at the University of West London, due to graduate in June 2020
- Previously studied Psychology, Gender studies and Law (BA), Conflict resolution (MA) and Law and Criminology (PhD) and trained as a mediator and group facilitator at university level courses
- Areas of interest are emotional and behavioural eating, fertility and pregnancy and nutrition for families.
“I am an academic researcher who writes about children’s nutrition at schools and the ways to create positive change. I also coach private clients and facilitate groups of health professionals, focusing on the emotional and behavioural aspects of eating. Life events brought with them quantum-leaps into nutritional research and helped me design better nutrition for myself and my family.
With a rich background in psychology and trauma, I found my way to a new path in nutrition, and I enjoy inspiring individuals and supporting them to take charge over their body and their health.
I am very much looking forward to representing the BANT students and hope that this will be read as an open and wide invitation to contact me with general or specific thoughts and ideas.”