The CPD Committee aims to facilitate the provision of a choice of conferences, courses and workshops that qualify for BANT CPD hours, meet NTC core curriculum, and fulfil part of the CPD requirement for attendance at external formal events.
May Simpkin – Chair of CPD Committee
MSc, BA (Hons)
- Gained MSc (with Merit) in Personalised Nutrition at CNELM 2014
- Gained Nutritional Therapy Diploma from Raworth college, Dorking and then Paragon College
- Practises Nutritional Therapy in Cobham, Surrey
- Own and runs Chateau de la Vigne; self-catering holiday property business in Loire valley, France since 2001
- Established Optimum Living Health retreats at Chateau de la Vigne, Loire valley, France 2014
- Previous careers in Health Clubs – Corporate Membership Sales, IT Software Training and Investment Management Marketing
BA (Hons), DipRaworth, mBANT, NTCC and CNHC Registered
- Graduated in 2008 from Raworth College
- Practises Nutritional Therapy in West Sussex & Surrey
- Nutrition coach for Central Sussex Sports Partnership Programme
- Tutor for West Sussex Adult & Community Learning Service
- Special interest in delivering cookery workshops & nutrition courses for children & adults with additional support need
- Management experience in retail banking and for the voluntary sector
BA (Hons), BSc (Hons) Nutr Health, DipBCNH, mBANT and CNHC Registered
- Graduated from BCNH in 2011
- Runs a Nutritional therapy practice in London
- Runs bi-monthly workshops and regularly gives talks to the local community
- Has a special interest in Multiple Sclerosis
- Previous career in the hedge fund industry
BSc(Hons), BA (Hons), mBANT, NTCC and CNHC Registered
- Graduated in 2006 from the University of Westminster
- Practises Nutritional Therapy in West London at Westover Medical Practice and own practice
- Previously lecturer on BSc (Hons) Nutritional Medicine at University of West London
- Currently tutors on Level 4 distance learning nutrition diploma at the Institute of Natural Healing
- Has authored learning materials at university and diploma level
- Qualified teacher with over 25 years educational experience
Dr. Elizabeth Foot
DPhil, MSc, BSc, DipION, FdSc, mBANT and CNHC Registered
- PhD from Oxford University studying insulin resistance in skeletal muscle
- MSc in clinical biochemistry and has worked as a clinical biochemist within the NHS
- Graduated from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) in 2012
- Practises in Chalfont St Peter & Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
- Continues her research activities as VP of Personalised Medicine & Nutrition at London Genetics International facilitating research collaborations in the field of personalised medicine and nutrition between the pharmaceutical and food industries and academia
- Previously worked for blue chip pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline leading clinical development programmes across a range of therapy areas with focus on diabetes and obesity, cardiovascular disease and mental health
- Has been involved at the leading edge of the UK personalised medicine and healthcare strategy for the last 10 years
- Sits on the Food & Health Council of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Expert Panel member for the NHS Innovation Challenge Prize
- Sits on the UK Pharmacogenetics & Stratified Medicine Research Network committee
BSc Hons, NT Dip, mBANT, CNHC Registered Nutritional Therapist
- Sam originally graduated with BSc Hons in Medicinal Chemistry from Brunel University London and worked for 14 years in corporate pre clinical and clinical Research.
- She obtained her Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the Irish Institute of Nutrition and Health IINH, Ireland and has been practising since 2008.
- Sam has a private clinic in Ealing, London and areas of interest are digestive problems, autoimmunity and female hormone imbalances/menopause.
- Sam lectures on a consultancy basis in Nutrition, Physiology, Pathophysiology, Biochemistry and Research Methods and provides student clinic supervision support and BSc student research supervision support.
- Sam is currently studying for a MSc in Personalised Nutrition at CNELM.