Permanent – part time
We are looking for a hardworking, reliable person to join our small friendly team at our busy independent Health Food Shop in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
We are a small family run business looking to expand the company greatly over the next few years and want to find people who will grow with us. The VMS side of the business is something we want to expand and as we have Dr Marilyn Glenville, the UK’s leading nutritionist specialising in women’s health as part of the family – we will involve her and her ethos and teachings wherever possible. Ideally we are looking for someone who is familiar with Dr Marilyn Glenville and her work.
We are looking for someone who will grow with the business and there is potential for future clinical work for the right candidate.
We also hold events and talks to the local community and work with local businesses and colleges to promote health and natural alternatives.
The role as Health Shop Advisor involves the following:
- Advise customers in their selection of supplements, natural beauty and food as well as aid them with their health questions
- Answering questions / advising on all products in the shop
- Look after the VMS side and exploring new ranges – in line with the company ethos
- Arranging promotions and window displays where appropriate
- Coordinating workshops / talks to the local community
- Work towards sales targets were applicable
- Day to day shop floor work;
- Serving customers / till work
- Processing deliveries in
- Keeping the shop replenished regularly, clean and tidy
You will have:
- A recognised qualifications in Nutrition, Naturopathy, Medical Herbalism or similar (or be currently studying). Alternatively you will have or a wide range of work experience within the health food retail industry with an excellent knowledge of natural remedies and health food. Your own insurance is required.
- A good, current knowledge of VMS and herbal remedies and the health food market and the ability to advise customers confidently and competently.
- Experience in a retail environment is preferable but not essential. However exceptional customer service standards are a must. Must be personable and friendly.
- A passion for our products and want to help all customers to make healthy choices.
- Good computer skills.
- Great attention to detail and be able to work with figures.
- Passion, positive energy and flexible, can do attitude.
- Shift patterns are flexible and there will be weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays ) along with 2/3 weekday shifts during the week on a rota.
- Some flexibility on working hours is available and flexibility for you to be able to cover other shifts is key
- Store is open 7 days week (including bank holidays).
- Opening hours 9:00 am – 5:30 pm every day and 11:00 am – 4:00 pm on Sundays.
What we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience and knowledge
- Ongoing training and support
- Staff discounts throughout the store
- A pleasant and supportive working environment.
This role is an immediate start and we are looking for someone who will grow with us in the future.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information please visit our website www.besthealthfoodshop.com
Please apply with your CV and covering letter by email to: email@example.com