Institute for Optimum Nutrition
Location: Richmond, London
Contract term: Permanent role, full time
Starting salary: £30,000 pa
Our mission is: “To educate and enthuse, instilling optimum nutrition as the foundation of health for all”.
An exciting opportunity to join an established and growing independent higher educational charity, in Richmond South West London.
The Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) has been successfully training Nutritional Therapists for over 30 years and offers courses to the growing number of people interested in learning more about nutrition. Join us and become part of a high quality, forward thinking educational establishment committed to meeting the needs of the students it serves. We are a vibrant Institute and proud of the year on year successes and achievements of our students and staff.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent demonstrable experience in learner support to join our established academic department providing a wide range of advice, guidance and support as well as the tools and resources to deliver a first class academic support system.
This is an exciting role suited to an experienced learning specialist with a desire to develop the student support function and take on line management of staff. You will thrive at the opportunity to design and deliver an induction module, developing student learning skills resources and establishing academic and pastoral policies and procedures. You will be a vital link in communicating with colleagues and students, on the phone and via email, and will work to ensure our students are well looked after and engaged in their studies.
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
- Understanding how people learn and applying to a variety of learning needs.
- PGCE or similar teaching qualification.
- Experience of developing materials and presenting to varied audiences.
- Experience of designing and implementing systems and processes.
- Experience of staff management.
- Ability to manage and coach students and staff in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Ability to write clear and informative reports.
- Ability to manage time and priorities to achieve agreed outcomes and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, building strong working relationships
We offer a welcoming and supportive working environment with generous holiday entitlement, pension, flexible working and opportunities to grow and develop within the role.
For further details including a job description and person specification please go to our website www.ion.ac.uk/jobs. Apply by completing the application form and return to us by mid-day on Friday 5th May 2017. Interviews will be held on 11th and 12th May 2017.
Committed to Equality and Diversity, The Institute for Optimum Nutrition is an independent educational charity. Registered company number 2724405, registered charity number 1013084.