Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
Preferred Start: September 2017
We are seeking to appoint a part-time Nutritional Therapist / Naturopathic Nutritionist for academic year 2017-18 with a possibility of extension.
Duties will include:
- Teaching a Nutrition and Biochemistry module to Year 1 students of an Osteopathy and Naturopathy integrated Undergraduate Master’s programme;
- Teaching basic biochemistry of macronutrient pathways, relevant additional pathways such as methylation and introduction to micronutrients, during a 3-term academic year, once a week for a 90 minute lecture
- Prepare and mark assessments and organise second marking
- Lead the module i.e. own module organization including assessments and timetabling for the module
- There is an opportunity for research collaboration
- There is also an opportunity to expand this role i.e. deliver lectures in new course developments (being planned)
- Must have current / ongoing BANT registration
- Must have academic teaching experience preferably in higher education institutions
- Previous experience of managing/ leading academic modules is preferable but not essential.
- Must be IT literate and have good communication and team working skills.
Salary is competitive depending on previous experience & qualification. Other benefits to be discussed during the interview
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Sunday, 09/04/17.
BCOM is an equal opportunities provider